Geometry Dash keys are used to unlock treasure chests containing various rewards, including diamonds, icons, and a lot more. However, earning them is not a walk in the park. For countless players, acquiring these keys is still a mystery.
If you are one of them, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have explained 2 proven methods you can use to get keys and earn countless chest rewards. So, let’s get going!
Methods to earn keys in Geometry Dash
Before we learn about these methods, let me inform you that to earn keys, you must first collect mana orbs. And, for every 500 mana orb, you farm 1 key.
So, the first method explains how you can get orbs while the next explains how to get keys directly.
1. Play Levels
Each Geometry Dash APK level offers a certain number of mana orbs. The more challenging the level, the more mana orbs it dishes out.
- Easy levels = 50 Mana orbs
- Normal levels = 75 Mana orbs
- Hard levels = 125 to 175 mana orbs
- Harder levels = 225 to 275 mana orbs
- Insane levels = 350 to 425 mana orbs
- Demon levels = 500 mana orbs
Unfortunately, auto levels do not offer any mana orbs. You get the maximum number of these orbs by completing one demon level, which can consume a significant chunk of your time (or might be impossible for some players, considering its high difficulty level).
But the good thing is you do not have to finish a level to earn orbs. Even if you get 20% or even 10% of a level, you still earn orbs based on how much you scored before dying.
2. Open Chests
Daily and weekly chests offer different rewards, including keys.
There are two kinds of daily chests—one that renews every 4 hours and the other that renews every 24 hours. So, log in daily to try your luck and find keys in them. Look for chests on the main menu.
These chests may also offer mana orbs, but know that orbs collected from chests do not count for keys. Therefore, you must collect orbs by ‘playing levels’ to get keys.
Check your mana orb count through the stats option available on the menu screen.
Where can you use these keys?
You need 5 keys to open the treasure room (a purple door at the top left corner of the menu screen). Once inside, you will find hundreds of chests. Each chest costs a different number of keys, ranging from as low as 1 key to as high as 100 keys.
Expert tips to collect more keys fast
- Practice more and more: As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect. The more you play a level, the better you get familiar with its rhythm, which will help you anticipate and react quickly.
- Stay consistent: Consistency is the key. Start with the easiest level and move to the difficult ones gradually. Do not rush; master one level before moving to the next.
- Learn from YouTube tutorials: YouTube is your free online tutor. Many gamers share their Geometry Dash strategies, tips and tricks online. Watch them to learn new things from their wisdom and experiences.
Collecting keys in Geometry Dash is challenging, but the effort is certainly worth it, considering the countless rewards you get.
If you are looking for an easier way to get these keys, check your daily chests every day. While they may not offer a key daily, you are bound to get some, eventually.
However, if you are up for a bit more of a challenge, complete as many levels as you can and collect orbs to farm keys.